lemon ricotta muffins
October 3, 2011 § 3 Comments
These are so good, I’ve made two batches in a week! They’re fluffy and moist and not too sweet making them the perfect breakfast (or in my case, anytime) muffin :)
adapted from Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup almond meal (I get mine at Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Oil or line 12 muffin cups.
- Whisk together the flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- Blend together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy, then mix in the ricotta and egg. Add to the mixture lemon juice, almond extract, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and whisk together until mixed. (I like using a whisk as I think it prevents overmixing)
- Divide evenly between the muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until brown. (I also made mini muffins and the baking time is about the same, divided into 16 muffin cups)